The weather in Iowa has been in the mid 90s and so incredibly humid—quite miserable actually. Braids have been my to-go to pull my hair back or get it off my neck. I have pretty thick hair and in the humidity it goes flat but awkwardly fluffy (aka not cute). I've been looking for products to tame my mane and help keep my curls. I finally found it with Garnier Frutis' Anti-Humidity Hairspray. It creates a barrier against frizz and holds curl in up to 90% humidity. I was shocked how well it worked. I wanted to share this braided headband hair tutorial that I wore constantly when I was in Mexico back in July. I got a lot of requests for a tutorial so here it is girls! This is so easy, I promise anyone can do it! Leave me a comment below if you have questions.
For this hair tutorial you'll need a curling iron, bobby pins and Garnier Frutis Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
1. I like to start off by curling my hair to add texture. I used a 1.25 inch curling iron.
2. Take a 2-3inch section of hair right behind your ear. Braid the entire piece and crisscross two bobby pins at the end of the braid to hold it in place as you complete step #3.
3. Repeat step #2 on the other side of your head but there's no need to crisscross the bobby pins.
4. Now it's time to pancake the braids to create larger, more boho braids. Pancake the braids by holding the end with one hand and pulling on pieces with the other. Now crisscross two bobby pins at the end of the braid to hold it in place as you pancake the other side.
5. Take one of the strands of braid and cross it over the top of your head. Crisscross two bobby pins on the side of your head to hold the braid in place. Repeat that with the other braid strand.
6. Don't forgot to finish off your hair with a spray of Garnier Frutis' Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
Learn it, Do it, Rock it with Garnier Fructis Style!
I teamed up with Garnier Fructis to give away a $500 Visa gift card! All you have to do is select a hairstyle photo from the widget gallery below, or pin an original hairstyle image with the campaign hashtag #GARNIERSWEEPS. Next, enter your Pinterest email in the widget and click submit. Good luck!!